miércoles, 13 de octubre de 2010



 
At this morning, I was at the station of “Atocha”, and there, I began to look around. All the building it’s a bit dismal, don’t you think so? Its high open ceilings let wind and cold to come in the whole station, and the sky that we can see it’s always grey. The installations are made for inexpressive metal in a very serious design. “Atocha” is always plenty of people, but it isn’t a warm or friendly place, not at all. People are always running after trains that they can’t catch in the end, or waiting for them with an impatient, tired look. They don’t usually look at other people, because they are thinking in what they have to do when they reach home, work, or wherever. All the trains that come into “Atocha” spit out lots of people before new lots of people get in. It’s like an obligatory exchange, a succession that repeats again, and again... When I’m at “Atocha” in the morning, and look around me, I feel a little sad. Because these trains aren’t the fantastic ones of my adventure books which bring you to exotic and amazing places. No. These gloomy, stifling trains bring us (the ordinary people) directly into our obligations, work and monotony. 









5 days (oh, please, kill me!!!). 
   

No hay comentarios: